Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Elite by Rachel Van Dyken - WOW

Elite
by: Rachel Van Dyken
Elite (Eagle Elite #1)
 
Blurb:
When I won the annual Eagle Elite College Scholarship lottery, I was thrilled. After all, my grandma had just died and I wanted to take care of my aging grandpa -- he couldn't be a farmer in Wyoming forever. And graduating from Eagle Elite meant opportunity.

But I wasn't counting on meeting Nixon.

Nor was I counting on the rules of the Elect.

1. Do not touch The Elect.
2. Do not look at The Elect.
3. Do not speak to The Elect.

And worst of all? Don't discover the secret they hide, because in the end, you may just realize... it's about
 
*****************************************************
4.5 Intense, Oh my goodness, did I just read a book about the mafia and love it STARS!
**************************************
My Review:
 
I freaking loved this book. This is one of those that I decided to read without paying any attention to reviews or even much attention to the blurb. I requested it, Netgalley granted permission, and I started reading. I really had no clue what I was about to read. I must say, that turned out to be a very good thing. I was completely shocked at what happened after the necklace was discovered.
 
I started off hating Nixon's guts. He was an arrogant douchebag who I wished someone would wipe the floor with. Chase was my fave. I was rooting for him to be with Trace in the beginning. It seemed like every time Nixon wasn't there, Chase was. Chase was Trace's anchor. I started off loving Trace because she was such a firecracker and didn't take any crap off anyone. I got sick of her whining and crying towards the end, but hell, I had tears in my eyes half the time, so what right do I have getting annoyed with her when it was tearing me apart? Grandpa, grandpa, grandpa. What the heck? You totally pulled the wool over all our eyes. Just some old farmer from Wyoming, my ass. You are slick dude, real slick.
This story had me totally invested and I could not put it down once I started. It was fantastic. It was totally different from anything I have ever read, because I don't think I have read anything involving the mafia. I have to say I was a little sick over Phoenix, but he got what he deserved.
 
Rachel, you have totally killed me with the Prologue for the next book, Elect, at the end of Elite. Really? You just had to do that, right? ARGH!!! Until you release it, I will be losing my mind!
Looks like, according to the reviews, this is one of those you either love or don't. Not much in between. As for me, I LOVE. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment